vestibulum vitae cursus condimentum, tincidunt et ligula. Maecenas rhoncus suscipi
Palm Paper recycling fire
One of TGM’s main outlets for recovered newspapers and magazines was badly damaged by fire on 7th October. This has affected their ability to accept deliveries of waste paper.
- One person was taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, suffering from smoke inhalation
- At least 10 fire engines were sent to the Saddlebow Estate factory.
- More than 100 firefighters have been involved in tackling a blaze at a large paper plant.
- Staff were evacuated from the factory in the Saddlebow industrial estate and it was shut down almost immediately after the fire began. It’s unclear if paper production has since resumed as usual
- Fire crews said up to 4 bales of paper had gone up in flames each weighing a tonne
- The fire and rescue service brought the fire under control by early evening but crews remained on site over the weekend to continue to damp down and maintain a watching brief.